Hello, new here!

Hello, I’m new here. Not really sure how to work this app yet, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it. I’ve been drinking a lot to say the least. My life is surrounded by alcohol and I don’t think I know how to have fun without drinking anymore. I’ve been socially drinking, secretly drinking, stress drinking, anxiety drinking, drinking out of depression…. you name it. It’s time to stop for me. It’s gotten out of control and only exacerbated all of my current issues. So here I am on day 1. Here goes nothing.

14 Likes

Congrats! You got this!!

Welcome Shelly! You are in the right place to get started off with support and resources. :hugs:
Heres a link to some resources that @SassyRocks posted that I bookmarked for myself and maybe you’ll find helpful too.

Here’s another helpful link:

1 Like

Welcome Shelly! Hope you get as much out of this forum as I have and still do. Love the people in here! You aren’t alone that’s for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step in reclaiming your life.

I can relate to a lot of what you have posted. Every day you will fight battles that you never even knew could be battles I.e not going to the shop, passing a bar etc.

Keep strong within your mind and if you need support there are plenty of us here to help you along the way.

I only joined here yesterday but I’m nearing 3 days sober and have had a number of supportive comments and offers of help, just knowing there are people who understand and won’t judge you (because they are on the same ride) is comforting in itself!

I’m sure you’ll smash it.

2 Likes

Welcome!! This forum is amazing!

I’m going into Day 3. My DOC is also alcohol and your story I can relate to very much.

We can do this! Touch base with me anytime you need!

Linda

:star_struck::hugs::raised_hands:

1 Like

Welcome Shelly.
This is a great sober forum to get and give support. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable. Everyone is pretty helpful if you got questions about the app. Just ask. We were all new once.
Here’s a couple of threads I like to frequent.

I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Hi Shelly! I’m on Day 2. I also drink due to stress, anxiety and depression. So I understand where you are coming from. I’m having a hard time passing the time without alcohol. But I know it’s a process.

Welcome!

Welcome and congrats on realizing you want your life back. There’s alot of people on here who have been fighting to stay clean for a long time. Ask questions, alot of them have years worth of experience to help