Need a sober buddy!

Hi! I’m going on day 5 without any alcohol and damn proud of it. But I am realizing that aside from my wife and in-laws, I really don’t have anyone to just chat with about this stuff.

Right now I’m sitting in our work van outside of a dive bar while my boss is getting food for us inside. I refused to enter the building. He’s my wife’s dad so he gets it but knowing there’s a bottle just 15 feet away is driving me crazy.

Which is why I am looking for some other people I can get a chain going with who actually get this feeling. I’m starting AA soon but I would like more than just a sponsor if that makes any sense. Sober friends. Someone who’s just down to chat about this without listing off all the usual dialogue.

Any takers?

-Christopher
St Louis, MO

6 Likes

Here for you! Good for you for being so transparent with your wife and in laws. And good for your father in law for respecting your need to stay out of the bar. Message any time.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 5 days of sobriety Christopher. And welcome to this wonderful forum.
There’s a great thread with a great bunch of people called the check in thread.

Have a good read around if you like and join in when your comfortable. This forum is basically the only place I can chat about my sobriety and it’s been working well for me.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Your on the right website to find a friend!
This place is an amazing place for motivation, support, and just talking. There is always someone kicking on here.
And by all means feel free to send me a message any time, and that as well goes for anyone on the site

2 Likes

Youl find plenty of sober buddys at meetings

1 Like