10 Days Sober After 50years Of Drinking

After 50 years of drinking and trying to give up a few times over those years (1 year & 6 months)I’ve decided its time mentally and physically to stop so 10 days have gone and I’m feeling good.
Gave up smoking cold turkey 32 years ago so having a few cravings like back then but can I handle these.
Have listened to a few pot casts of being sober these have certainly helped, but deep down I knew it was time half a bottle of JD’s a day would eventually shorten my life and was starting to damage my health.

19 Likes

Good on you for the 10 plus days. Your not alone. Im working on my own demons myself. Day 2 here. We can do it!! :+1::+1::muscle:

2 Likes

Welcome Wayne.

Nit quite 50 years but I’ve got about 40 years of damage under my belt. I am definitely looking forward to repairing as well as this ol body can some of that damage
I wish you congratulations on your 10 days of sobriety and look forward to hearing more from you on this new path you have chosen.

Wish you well and welcome

4 Likes

congratulations And Welcome

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on your 10 days!! I drank for 41 years (now 7 years sober) so I get it. Glad you are here and making this change!

5 Likes

Welcome and congrats on your ten days. I hope you find this community to be useful for you in your sobriety journey.

2 Likes

Never to late for a big healthy change!
Congratulations for the double digits!

4 Likes

Welcome, glad you’re here. Yup, 50 years of drinking for me too. Finally decided enough was enough. TS has helped me tremendously. Hope you find it helpful as well!

4 Likes

Welcome Wayne.
How are you doing today?
50 years huh :thinking:
I got 45 in my history.
Ever since I found this app I been sober ODAAT. Never thought I could do it. Never had support. I’m doing it and loving the sober life.

Plenty of old dogs on the gratitude thread being grateful for the new sober life we found ODAAT.

I’ll save you a seat if you’re interested.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Good job my friend. Myself drunk for around 40 + years. Managed to stay sober for 12 years once. Then l retired and bang right back at the drinking. Didn’t stop for 3 years . Now on day 2. Crazy!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on 10 days and welcome to the community @WDH :partying_face::blush:
I hope to see you around on here, lots of good threads and support on your journey, one day at a time.
:heart::v:

2 Likes

Welcome and congrats on 10 days! So glad I found TS I hope you will be too.

1 Like