Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

@Jdiaz A great program there! Keep at it.

@Galen_82 Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

2 Likes

Jasmine you are too nice! Lol if I was hosting I would have byob peeps!! :joy: hope you have a great time!!! :heart: glad you got to have a surprise visit with your sis!!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I am having a great time!! I dont even wanna smoke!! Im suprised and really happy!!

I didnt write it, but this week i told my daughter that i quit smokingā€¦i didnt take a pictureā€¦but my god her faceā€¦i keep it in mind!! It helps!!! šŸ«¶šŸ»šŸ«¶šŸ»:heart::heart:

5 Likes

Checking in 21 days AFā€¦ 3 fucking weeks! :dancer:t4:

Nothing exciting to report. Quiet Saturday night in with the husband. Think Iā€™m going to convince him to order pad thai tonight! :joy:

@Sara.eve hope you enjoy your concert with out too much temptation! You got this!!! :muscle:t3:

@Saturn81 Sober Buddy!!! Did I miss your check in today, Michelle?! I hope youā€™re doing well and hanging in there!!! :heart: keep going friend!

12 Likes

Oh thatā€™s wonderful to keep in mind ā€¦glad u r not having urges and enjoying your time

1 Like

Hey John.
Congratulations on the 27 days :boom::boom::boom:
Good to see you again.
Working a gratitude list on here for more than 3 years has totally retrained my brain. I got so much to be grateful for when Iā€™m sober. I never start a day without it.

The lights are always on. Bring your own coffee :coffee:
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

6 days :partying_face: spent the day on a beach in Texas it was so fun and beautiful, here visiting friends - margaritas were at dinner tonight and I didnā€™t crave one - and there was wine last night and I didnā€™t crave any. thatā€™s a great feeling because our last girls trip I had as much wine as possible! feeling strong into my 7th day sober and I am so grateful to be starting my new life itā€™s very meaningful to me. love you guys :heart:

19 Likes

Hey darlinā€¦ Iā€™m okay; will have 3 weeks as of midnight tonight, woo hoo!! Healing going okay; i got my staples out and hard cast on. Another month with that. Then a boot, then PTā€¦ then maybe walking again by Thanksgiving. Oy veyyyā€¦ Plus this morning, my live-in bf finally made the exec decision that weā€™re breaking up and heā€™s leaving (things have been rocky pretty much since he moved in 9 months ago) but is going to ā€œstay to help me outā€ (ie doesnā€™t have enough money to move). So, the next couple of months are going to be JUST GREAT lol. But i wonā€™t be drinking through themā€¦

6 Likes

Day 827 alcohol free. Down to six beads from the capsule on the antidepressant taper and I am still feeling the withdrawal effects. Mild brain zaps and such. I have been so irritable and on edge lately. What is wrong with me. I really hope I can sort this out.

16 Likes

Great to hear from you and glad you are doing well with your 3 weeks of sobriety and healing too.

Yes - the next few months do sound a bit hectic / exciting for you - i do hope that he is able to help out and make life a bit easier for you :crossed_fingers:
This all may be a new happier chapter in your life turning the page.

Loved reading this. We will be right here with you so lean on us if you need to. Thank you for checking in.

4 Likes

I am sorry Drew. Are you able to talk with your doctor about this? Maybe you are not ready for this dosage at the moment. Medications and side effects can be tricky - be gentle with yourself ā€“ absolutely nothing wrong with youā€¦just need a little help regulating neurons. :hugs:

827 days of sobriety is fantastic!

4 Likes

**Day 1824 :walking_woman:
Going to get packed for holiday.
200 (1)
Had a customer yesterday who was asking the definition of my sober tattoo. I have the Latin name of a special flower on my arm.
The Dutch name of a flower also represent a group of people who exist ages ago in the Netherlands and where against drinking. They represents themselves with wearing this flower daily.
It was a regular customer couple and I like them so I lifted some of this tattoo background.
Told them it was a special flower wich represents many things in my life. The man said ā€œand are you a non drinker also?ā€
And you know my answer :wink:
Glad Iā€™m a non drinker for a while now.
A bit awkward conversation it was because it felt so private. Most of the time when people ask about this peticular tattoo I answer ā€œitā€™s personalā€.
But for me itā€™s the perfect sober tattoo!

22 Likes

Tapering down an antidepressant is difficult I know. I did it ages ago and hated the feeling in my brain, still can recollect it. Hope you feel better soon!
Ps, and I do not think there is anything wrong with you beside this is difficult for you to go trough. Donā€™t be to harsh for yourself :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I see that Iā€™ve wrote the same as @JazzyS :face_with_peeking_eye::sweat_smile:
Weā€™ll we must have a point then :hugs:

5 Likes

Omg! I hope you have an amazing time seeing Rancid. Iā€™ve loved them forever! I saw them at Warped Tour 2001 and it was awesome. I was 14 and didnā€™t drink or anything else and still had a blast! Hope you do too :grin:

6 Likes

Checking in
Happy Sunday :heart:

21 Likes

Real late check in.

Lazy, relaxing day until work. Which was actually pretty busy, but prosperous. A lot of my coworkers are sick with the exact same symptoms I had last week. Thinking of that one night I thought I was dehydrated and couldnā€™t cool down, it never crossed my mind it couldā€™ve been a fever, bc it was 95Ā° outside. I was achy, short of breath, with headaches for a couple days, then it turned into a sinus thing. My eyes have been bloodshot for about a week, stuffy nose, and itchy throat which leads me to think itā€™s Ragweed now. Idk. I feel fine otherwise.

Coworkers invited me out again. Same bar as last time. Only a few ended up showing up but it was a nice time. Now its late and Iā€™m ready for bed. Guilt free sleeping in, here I come :yawning_face:

15 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1190. I hope everybody has a good one!!

18 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
1 month and four days.

I know I havenā€™t been on here lately, and a lot of you have wondered about where I am, or how Iā€™m doing.

My husband isnā€™t really doing better, but he isnā€™t getting worse either.

Still no insurance money.

And my boss has simply said that Iā€™m either going back to being a special teacher/ personal assistant to the little girl I worked with before the summer. Or Iā€™m out of work after Christmas.

I kindly asked her to go to hell. Not really professional I know,but at this point sheā€™s so much of a jerk that I simply donā€™t care. At the moment I also have two collegues thatā€™s about to work themselves to a burnout, and Iā€™m doing extra hours next week to give them some rest. And my boss just donā€™t care, itā€™s more like sheā€™s actually trying to get them to quit.

Also I made a late application to another university to become a sports class/ gym teacher. Because I canā€™t get into the regular teacher program. I donā€™t have the Math required. I did start a math class earlier this month, but I have up because Frankly I can barley use the high school basics. And our teacher expects us to sit for three hours and just count in a book without any help from her. Not something I want to waste my time on.

Still havenā€™t decided if I want to study to become a teacher. Iā€™m not even sure that I want to go back to school again.

My Ma keeps doing her drink calls, she called and talked for three hours this Friday.

Iā€™m just frustrated with life at the moment. So hanging out here is not really anything I have the mental space or strength to do right now. Not my usual positive self, not having the constant hope for the future that I used to have. And I really donā€™t have the energy to fight anything anymore. Iā€™m justā€¦I guess I can say that my soul is tired.

Tired of being in constant survival mode. Tired of not knowing who I am, what I like, who I want to be. But constantly being who I need to be at the moment, to please someone else.

Canā€™t even check in here saying that Iā€™m happy to be here, or happy to be sober. Because Iā€™m not. I still wonā€™t drink or do anything else. Itā€™s not worth it. But Iā€™m not happy about it.

Probably not the post yā€™all expected or wanted to have. But unfortunately thatā€™s the truth.

I hope yā€™all are doing better than me at the moment.
You guys now I adore you.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

28 Likes

Hello all, checking in on Day 3. I was hoping to have more before admitting my recent relapse but think that probably isnā€™t helpful as I really need support and accountability.

22 Likes

Please do not apologize Della. You need to be free to express all the feelings ur feeling. You are loved and supported here. Always.
ā€œstruggle can make you stronger. Post-traumatic growth (PTG) is a form of positive change that people experience as a result of struggling with major life crises or a traumatic event. PTG happens when someone who struggles to bounce back experiences a traumatic event, which makes him question his core beliefs, undergo psychological struggles, challenge his capabilities, and finally achieve a sense of personal growth.ā€ 105 days is fabu! Way to go!

8 Likes