I need sober friends desperately

I was an alcoholic and stop drinking for ages and then got onto class A drugs I don’t want to do these things anymore and I’m doing a good job of not doing so however it’ll be so nice to have friends that are sober I just feel so alone and I’m by myself this Christmas which is okay but it was just nice to know that going forward I won’t t be alone

21 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:. You’re never alone on here! There are many, many wonderful people here. Best wishes and nice to meet you.

5 Likes

Thankyou so much! I guess it’s getting used to the application and finding all the correct tools to stay clean

4 Likes

This is a daily checkin thread. Just reading here will kind of get you to know other people. If you’re comfortable posting here, others will get to know you as well.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas and welcome to the TS family.

5 Likes

Welcome :raising_hand_woman:

It’s full of so much support here, it’s great you reached out.
Hope to see you around and your not alone when your here :people_hugging: we are all on this journey together :pray: I’m glad you found us.

4 Likes

Welcome as said never alone here, has helped me when on verge just reach out always someone who answers the call . You got this ADAAT :muscle:

6 Likes

Thanks Dan. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I hear you and I wish I had sober friends too. Since I don’t I knew it was imperative to find a place to support my sober journey. I’ll be glad to listen if you need to share. You are not alone on this path.

3 Likes

Thankyou so much <3

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the TS family :blush:
I am sorry you are spending Christmas alone and feel lonely. But here someone is always online, and whenever you need to reach out for support, you never have to wait long for a reply… even on Christmas day.
Despite all, I do wish you a merry Christmas and hope you stick around in the forum, so I get to know you.
Sober love and hugs :people_hugging: :heart:
:squid:

3 Likes

Thanks so much :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I know how you feel,I am just coming home after 4 Years away I have 69 days and everyone I know home is from using,other than my family,so I put my recovery first,and go to meetings,meet people that are trying to live sober,

3 Likes

I need to find local meetings doesn’t seem to be any close by… But thanks for the wise words <3

2 Likes

You have a smart phone you can zoom them till you find one in your area

2 Likes

Coming from someone who has no sober friends either , I have friends that are sober that I used to use with but it’s hard for me to be close with them like before and knowing we both used to use I don’t want to put in a position where I might relapse or be the cause of my friend relapsing so because of my anxiety I avoid my friends unfortunately

1 Like

I changed who I was in my identity at a young age to “fit in” and be “socially acceptable”. Now… I managed to find happiness and comfortability in just being me by myself. When I need connection I go to a meeting or post here.

It took so long to be okay, alone… But not truly alone or isolated.

3 Likes

This was my problem too i wanted to fit in so badly it changed who i was and only now sober am i really seeing what i like and what i want to do.

2 Likes