Just another lazy day

Hello folks🤙🏻

It’s just been one of those days, you know those days where you just have no feelings, no emotions, no energy, no nothing, and all you do is just sleep all day. When you wake up at 830p and say WTF!!! :flushed: I slept all freaking day and it’s dark out and your going to be up the rest of the night again!!!

Why can’t i seem to get my body back into a schedule again like it was nearly 5 yrs ago!!! This unhealthy sleep schedule i have sucks!!! It also
Doesn’t help being stuck in this house 90-95% of the time.
Kind of a long story but, i am a stay at home sister ( my choice & don’t regret it) I am just sick of my help not showing up or calling out 1 hr before shift & not giving company enough time to replace them for the shift.

What is a stay at home sister you ask?

13 years ago I made the choice to take on the care of my special needs brother when we both lost our parents and i am his In Home Caregiver. The state pays me to be here to care for him. I chose to to this a-pose to putting him in a state run home. My brother is 24/7 care. He has a few state/county paid programs and one is that i get a caregiver that comes in on weekends for 8 hrs each day sat/sun and those are the people that can’t seem to make into their shifts and call out/ don’t show. That is to give me a break from my 24/7 duties & when you don’t get that you go insane.

Now like i said, it was my chose to take care of my brother and I would make that choice over and over again. It’s family and that’s what family does for family.

Wow :open_mouth:!! Sorry I just really checked in and told you about 60% of my life to a ton of strangers. This is a huge step for me.

Thank you for letting me say all this :orange_heart::call_me_hand:t2::orange_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing. The situation you’re in, even though you say it’s your choices and that you don’t regret it, must be demanding and stressful most of the time.
By checking in here regularly you’re on the right path!
Maybe the daily checkin thread is an option for you! Hope to see you around! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it.

I admire the hell out of you, lady. Truly, what a gift you are. I’m sorry that social services is not able to keep their commitments. I do know it’s incredibly challenging for them to hire and retain people right now. I hope that improves.

1 Like