Keep checking in

So I told myself that the next time I relapse I would try something else, because apparently no matter how hard I try I just can’t do it on my own. I just ain’t got it in me. Regardless of family support, friends that have been where I am, it just doesn’t stick. So I went to my Dr. and I’m starting an IOP on Thursday morning. I really do appreciate this community and love all you guys, you all our kicking addictions ass ODAAT. And I’ll get there too. I’ll keep checking in and read all your posts like I have been. :v::green_heart:

14 Likes

Great ideas!!! Checking in and reading on this forum has helped me so much.

1 Like

I’m so glad you asked for help. Help is out there! Good on ya. I hope you learn some new things to practice and to keep you sober. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Kudos! They say nothing changes if nothing changes…I notice this is especially true in my behavior. I started an IOP a few weeks ago and I am super grateful for it; if nothing else it gives me a reason to get up in the morning on the days when that’s hard.
Take advantage, you can learn a lot there :blush:

1 Like

Such a great thing to do for yourself. :clap:

2 Likes

I been to IOP, Day Treatment, early recovery, now i am in relapse recovery and since being in relapse recovery(1 yr) i have relapsed 6 times. I am 43 days clean from weed and 1y 3d from alcohol. I have been trying to figure this process out still, at times i feel lost, can’t connect with the sober community so, i get what you mean. I am glad you have asked for help. IOP gave me a lot of information.

I am new to this app and i am hoping to connect with folks here. I wish you the best of luck :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks. Keep coming back on the app these people are great. What can I expect from the IOP program? Never did anything like that before. I’m going in keeping a very open mind to everything they ask me to do, even if I think it’s just not me.

1 Like

I did mine through kaiser so every IOP program can be ran differently. I had a packet to do that question on there about me and my addiction and i had to complete it and share it with the group by end of program. Then we talked about how our addiction affects us and other. It’s basically a processing group.
I learned a lot mainly like you said if you go in with an open mind and do what they ask of you.

Wish you the best. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

If you really wanna check in on the regular, you might like joining this thread. Good place to give a little update each day, and hear how others are doing.

2 Likes

Just checking in today,

I am doing pretty good. Still sober from both DOC alcohol & weed. Not too many struggles this last week. Had a pretty decent weekend. 
   I am just sitting here reading my book waiting for the little girl I babysit, she is in her dance 💃 class. 
   I hope everyone has a great week. 

1 Like