New here, hi

Today is my first day here. I stopped alcohol in December but I still struggle with Benadryl.

My use started the end of 2019 when I almost lost my husband to suicide. It was so traumatic that between the nightmares & the sound of it all on constant replay in my head, I couldn’t sleep… for 6 months. I started taking Benadryl regularly to pass out & quickly got hooked on an emotional level. I started taking it to shut the world out whenever my emotions felt too big. I stopped taking it in February but just relapsed the 3rd. So, I’m hoping that counting my days might motivate me to appreciate the trials I’ve gotten through without it.

My husband is alive & well. Life has ups & downs, & I am currently searching for new coping skills. If y’all have any self help books to recommend on facing your triggers or managing reactions, I’d love to add them to my list. :heart:

7 Likes

Hey girl,
Welcome. I’m so glad your here . I’m proud of you.

Sending love just off to bed :blue_heart::nazar_amulet:

3 Likes

Welcome Charlie to this great sober community. I heard about this Benadryl addiction but I have no experience with it. My experience is or was mostly booze.
Congrats on your sober time. That’s huge.

If your interested many people with many different addictions check in daily on the check in thread.

It’s a great way to be accountable and get and give support.
I hope to see you around.
I’m glad your husband is well. That must have been a very traumatic experience.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the links! :heart:

2 Likes