Consider a Profile Picture and "About Me"

Hi! I’m fairly new to this forum, but had a suggestion, especially for other new users. Consider setting a “Profile Picture” and add a few words about yourself under “About me”. It easy, and allows others to quickly identify who you are, and see more info whenever they click on you. To set it up, just click on your icon in the upper right, and pick the preferences option (picture of a gear)

The profile picture can be anything, I searched google images for the constellation “Cygnus the Swan”.

My “About me” is this, and it can be changed at any time:

“Alcohol. Had 13 months sober! Then over a month, …but now pushing ahead since 3/8/2017 after a relapse. Married with two “adult” children. Currently not employed.”

You can also set a “Location”, and keep it very general if worried about staying anonymous. Mine is “Northest USA”.

…I’m talking to you dark green “S” and light green “S” ! :smiley:

7 Likes

hmmm … maybe not light green “S” - you’ve been here a long time!

Agreed 100%. Not everybody may enjoy looking at my ugly mug, but tough shit it’s me… lol.

4 Likes

I feel transparency works for me. I have nothing to hide on here. I like putting quotes on my “about me,” section. They are far more interesting than anything in my actual life, lol.

U. G. L. Y. You ain’t got no alibi…lol totally kidding.

1 Like

I agree it is nice to see who you are talking to. I had a nice quote but just decided to change it a while ago. I will update some info after a bit need to run some errands. Have a nice day all

1 Like

Just the suggestion I needed! I have been observing for about 30 days, and figure I should reveal myself. Transparency is important, even if I’m an introvert! Happy sober day friends.

3 Likes

@Elisabeth… lol! Believe it or not I used to be considered quite a hotty. Way… back in the day… lmao

I love this! I keep changing my profile and about me as my sobriety changes both these things… It must be confusing but the general theme remains so theres that.

Heres a recent selfie to clear up any confusion

8 Likes

Great suggestion! Talking to letters gets confusing lol. I take the world’s worst selfies so a cartoon version of me is better haha (I actually have green hair BTW).

2 Likes

I did put my photo up recently but heck I don’t know what to write “about me”. LOL

Who doesn’t like cute Communist cats?

5 Likes

I’m not sure if my “S” was any one in question, but it’s changed. I can say that I’ve seen the other S’s and thought…I don’t remember posting that.

4 Likes

I decided that I needed to be honest with who I was so I did post a picture a while back. But I did make someone spit there coffee up as he said. Well we all can’t be a rock star lol. I will try to add my story soon. Guess it’s time.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha YES!

hahahahahahhahaha or patron saints

Glad you did! Hi :wave: there.

1 Like

I hate selfies too, I only took one, and it was to show people my pink eye!

1 Like

Who you foolin? Haha, nice new pic by the way! :smile:

Hey! I really like the color of green around my S. I have no intentions of changing it.:grinning:

1 Like