Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

Congratulations Eric!!! :boom::boom::boom:

6 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years @Dazercat :hugs::grin::+1::bouquet::tulip::rose::tada::balloon::star_struck:

To add some gratitude to this post: Iā€™m grateful for my dishwasher, a clean kitchen, TV (watching Darts WM), for a nice talk with my mum when I brought her lunch, grateful we throwed away another piece of furniture today, grateful for the lots of laughter my cats give me :pray::hugs::orange_heart:
And for coffee! I had a delicious cup of coffee today!

11 Likes

Congratulations, Eric. Two years is huge. Grateful for all of your support - not just for me, but for EVERYBODY on TS.
Love the chip. :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Hello
Day one for me alcohol free

13 Likes

Thats so great, Im rooting for you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Join us here on the daily check-in thread :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Grateful to be clean and sober through Christmas and New Years. Day 167 AF.
Tired of dieting but thankful to be more trim.
Grateful for a low stress Sunday.
Grateful for calming music and YouTube.
Grateful for the Tao and a Taoist course Iā€™m taking.
Grateful for the TS community and for honesty.

13 Likes

Good evening all,
Iā€™m grateful for a good day. Iā€™m grateful that I am sober and so when my daughter needed help with math, and I couldnā€™t help her, we didnā€™t hesitate to FaceTime my mom. I would NEVER do this in my drinking days because I would have already been really drunk and wouldnā€™t want her to see me like that. Iā€™m grateful for all the things that surprise me like that. Iā€™m grateful that I made brownies for dessert. Iā€™m grateful we will eat them while we watch Wheel of Time. Iā€™m grateful for all of the amazing milestones here recently!
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

17 Likes

I am grateful to be closing out a solid day of recovery. Alllll day recovery, itā€™s incredible really. I am grateful that celebrating my Sober Twinā€™s 2 years was what started my day of recovery. I am grateful for Eric and his two years. I am grateful for his birthday a couple years ago when I told him he would regret having to reset his ā€œticker thingyā€; he knew exactly what I meant. I am grateful that interaction started an amazing friendship that I wasnā€™t expecting.
I am grateful for the set of steps I started today and the new way I am doing them. I am curious about it and I love that feeling. Curiosity, I am grateful for Curiosityā€¦ I mean how crazy is that.
Curiosity is so pure and I thought everything pure in me was gone. I am grateful I was wrong.
When I was driving home today I found myself in tears, sobbing at the movie I was seeing in my mind. It wasnā€™t a movie, it was my life. I guess my step work took me back there and I remember the fear. I could feel how scared I was the first time I had to go back for more dope. Once I realized I was hooked, I remember that feeling like it is yesterday and I am grateful for that too.
I am grateful for homeschooling and that we can get back to business tomorrow while in-person schools are closed a bit longer due to COVID.
I am grateful to be learning new things everyday and for the opportunities to apply what I learn.

17 Likes

I should visit this topic more often.

For today I want to kickoff with thisā€¦

I am grateful that there are people here, whether day live on the other side of the ocean or in my home country, which I have never met in personā€¦Are willing to give me the full support in overcoming my addiction. :pray: :blue_heart:

18 Likes

I am grateful for the chance to be a better father to my 2 beautiful children and to be the husband my wife deserves

I am grateful for the support and love from all of you and those throughout the recovery community who have helped me believe we do recover

I am grateful to God, so grateful, for all the second chances. I canā€™t fail again

16 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to wake up sober and well rested.
Itā€™s a violent storm with gust to 90 MPH with steady 60-70 MPH wind since yesterday. Itā€™s going to drop to 40 this afternoon through tomorrow. Iā€™m grateful for the break.

I was tired from our last two trips. We ran half our gear in heavy seas the first trip. The pots were coming up wrecking ball style. 2nd trip the ocean was calm, and we ran all of our gear at turbo speed. Itā€™s close to home and close together so there arenā€™t any breaks. I slept and worked on videos and ate good. I brought crab home. It was worth the effort. Iā€™m grateful for a day of self-care.

Iā€™m grateful for self-care. As a drunk, I never practiced it. I like it!

Im grateful for @Dazercat! Congrats my friend! I thought about you eating crab yesterday. I toasted you with a claw and wished Santa Monica was closer, so I could share my feast with you. I celebrated your milestone with double fudge brownie ice cream for desert!

Im grateful that @Angie650 has found her way here. Welcome!

We are still catching crab. Itā€™s better than Iā€™ve ever seen it this far into the season. We caught over 5000 pounds last week. We have delivered over 60 thousand pounds this season. This has been my best season. Iā€™m grateful.

No fatalities for any Oregon boats this year either. Iā€™m grateful for that.

Today is payday, I have a break from work and I have zero desire to drink today. Im grateful!

23 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for 800 days of sobriety today

20 Likes

Thatā€™s great, Dan!!
207e7d8f53a3c3575881d816f7487a96818b4ddeeaf3c9694ee4b7afb41d0275.0
:hugs:

8 Likes

Sounds like crazy weather! Do you have a lot of snow?

3 Likes

Iā€™m grateful the first thing I see when I go to the TS app is a beautiful picture of my mom and dad sitting on a bench in Fredericksburg TX at this beautiful nursery and they look so happy. And it reminds me of the acres and acres of purple lavender that was out back as far as the eye could see.

Iā€™m grateful and feel humbled to accept so many affirmations yesterday on my 2 year soberversary. It felt different, like so many people have said. I donā€™t know. On my first year I just felt more prideful and beboping around with Madonna. This year I felt more exhausted most of the day yesterday. And overwhelmed with the love here. Iā€™m grateful to be able to feel these feelings. Iā€™m grateful today is just ODAAT in my sobriety.
And probably tomorrow too. :blush:

Iā€™m most grateful for Carolynā€™s share on my thread. Itā€™s so obvious and I know Iā€™ve read it before. But I just gotta quit going to the hardware store for bread :kissing_heart:. They still donā€™t have any bread :grimacing: maybe now, reading it posted from someone else who gets it, it will stick. Iā€™m going to tag you in on my reading today on my thread too. God giving me the reading I needed today :pray:t2:

Iā€™m grateful when I read Living Clean, in the morning,I feel like Iā€™m in Stellaā€™s classroom and sheā€™s my favorite third grade teacher. I was reading about spirituality this morning. I swear Stella wrote this chapter.

Iā€™m grateful for my health.
Iā€™m grateful for my life.
Iā€™m grateful for my wife.
Iā€™m grateful for my grown up children.
Iā€™m grateful for my pets.
Iā€™m grateful for abundance sunshine all day.
Iā€™m grateful to get back to the daily grind and Christmas is over.
Iā€™m grateful for my exciting, scary, unknown future, as we plan a near final moving chapter in our lives. I so donā€™t want to go through the act of moving again. But Iā€™m good at it. Imagine how nice it will be doing it sober. Another first to add to my goals.

Iā€™m grateful for my new calm demeanor. Even if some people donā€™t see it. I see it. More importantly I feel it.
:pray:t2::heart:

Weā€™re all broken.
Thatā€™s how the light
gets in.

Ernest Hemingway.

22 Likes

Fucken Ayyy Dan! Way to go! I was wondering what @DLS was so excited about when her dancing Bitmoji came in while I was gratituding. Congratulations on your 800 days Dan! Iā€™m grateful you always keep a spot open for us :pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Aww thanks Jason.
Just point that boat south.
I couldnā€™t have done it without you. Whenever I think maybe I can drink ā€œlike a gentleman.ā€ I have a good chuckle and think of you and chapter 3. God that will always seal the deal. I love crab legs :crab:. I was pretty grateful for the jumbo shrimp and bone in rib-eye last night for my celebration.
Grateful you back safe and checking in.
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful a mƤh day ist almost over. Felt overstrained and exhausted from morning on, nervous and clouded. Grateful this horrible warm weather is to be over by wednesday! Grateful for rest when I needed it. Grateful everything sheduled for today turned ok at the end. Grateful Iā€™m full of Schweinsbraten leftovers and Miss Marple sleeping on my stuffed tummy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Grateful for me time now in the evening, I need to be alone and I need the silence :pray::sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I have a roof over my head. I am happy that Dora comes and asks for cuddles.
I am grateful the days are getting longer.
I am grateful we live in peace.
I am grateful that my biggest enemy and challenge and problem is me.
I am grateful I come here to this thread regularly regardless of how I feel here.

17 Likes