Day 1 hoping for a little community to get me to day 2

This is day 1 again and I really need help the next few days cause those are always the hardest for me. So please come chat we can all support eachother

10 Likes

Congrats on your decision Bri and welcome to Talking Sober! You’ve come to a great place for support, a great place for advice, a great place for knowledge, a great place for distraction, a great place period. I hope it can be as helpful to you as it has been to me, and still is after nearly four years. One day at a time for all of us. We’re in this together and that’s why it works. Wishing you all success.

3 Likes

Every day gets easier. One day at a time. I’m a little over a week into sobriety and it’s gotten so much easier. Hang in there!

3 Likes

Welcome @Bri3 - you’ll find plenty of community support here if you stick around, read others stories and contribute. It helped me no end especially in those early days

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words I appreciate it so much!

1 Like

Thank you I’m always concerned of withdrawals I’m not even sure if I drink enough to cause serious onesz but I weaned down the last few days to get me to this day.

I’m so glad to hear that I plan on taking full advantage of this platform! Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Bri, welcome to TS.

Community is soooo important to help us succeed on our journeys you are 100% right!
I am going to link a very active thread that lots of members use to check in daily. I used it regularily for my first couple years clean and it helped me tremendously. I hope that it will help you make some connections here too.

2 Likes

i am also on day one :slight_smile: here’s to making it stick.

also, does anyone else get this awful taste in their mouth the first few days?

1 Like

I am grateful you made the decision to stop. You have my support and this community is behind you…i feel like every day is Day 1. Just take it ODAAT. Works for me @Bri3 . Wish you all the best.

Hooray for you and welcome! Are you nearly through say one? How did it go?