Elis daily check ins for accountability - hello community it's me!

Hallo everyone,

I am one day one so not a long time yet but I am really determined to see it through this time.

I deserve freedom, I deserve a regular beautiful and normal life and I deserve to reach my full potential. For my self and for my family. And so do you, if you are reading this right now.

Took a long walk with the doggie this morning to distract myself. Just keep going, moment by moment and hopefully day by day . Much love :two_hearts:

Eli

13 Likes

Good Morning, and Welcome Eli.
Great decision finding us and taking it one day at a time. ODAAT

Being on here every day ODAAT keeps me sober.
Hope to see you around and be part of your journey.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Hi Eli welcome here!
What a good sober date you have!
:zero::one: :zero::one: :two::zero::two::four:
I think you have to keep this one forever! :facepunch:

Take a good amount of reading time here, that will help you loads!
Buckle up, It’s a hell of a ride but sure worth it! :wink:

If you have questions? Just ask!
We have a daily check in tread, it’s very active so please feel free to join.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. I hope this forum will be useful for you.

We have a daily check in thread, which might be useful.

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for the kind words @SoberWalker , hopefully I will keep it forever!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:can you let me know where I find the daily check in threat ? Still new to this app!

1 Like

I will tag you in it!
Update: done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Day 2 check in on day 3!

I’m a bit late with writing this update but here we go, life with a small kid can get busy at times .

I feel like I’m going through a rough part right now. On the good side, my energy is increasing and so is my focus . I got lots and lots of stuff done yesterday that I’ve been putting off forever.
Yet I’m sooo emotional staring to cry at the smallest feelings I have or things that happen.

Especially in the evening I am feeling extremely anxious. Last night I had to deal with some pretty bad nightmares too.

Anyway I’m determined to stay strong and not give into cravings. I mean I’m only going through this cus I used to give in in the first place. It’s time to break the cycle.

Now on day 3 I will try to find a good balance between keeping my self busy and occupied as well as giving my self some time to rest, reflect and recover.

So much for now ! I hope I’ll mange to get an update in tonight. Sending much love xx

4 Likes

Day 03 review

I think I should change the name of this treat to daily rewies as it just is more suitable for me to write these the next day and it is nice to reflect a little bit.

I’m still dealing with lots of anxiety as soon as I am not super busy doing chores/ work ect .

Especially in the evenings it is really hard and tempting to just cope by using. But at least no nightmares last night, I was really scared my PTSD symptoms were coming back in full force.

I need to find nice coping mechanisms that will soothe me in a healthy way.
So far I found these to be really helpful:

• talking honestly about these struggles and the cravings that come from it with my husband, secrecy opens the door for realps for me, so let’s keep it all honest.
  • playing bord or video games with the family
  • journaling
  • staying in a routine

I really hope physical symptoms will decrease soon as well.