Just some help please

can i talk to someone please? i’m trying hard not to cave in to my impulsion to drink right now. i’m crying and i just want to talk to someone, it doesn’t even have to be a serious talk. maybe send memes or uplifting stuff.

15 Likes

You’re not alone friend. We’re in this together X

10 Likes

thank you kindly :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Hi are you OK? Here to talk. I know how strong those urges can be. Those are really tough. Do you have a hobby you can do to pass the time? Maybe take a walk, Journaling? Do you mind sharing what causes you to have the urge? Maybe we can talk about that and work through that. Feel free to message me

2 Likes

i enjoy reading but rn tbh my mind is all over the place so i can’t really focus. okay, i’ll send you a message. thank you for reaching out :seedling:

5 Likes

How you doing Raven? :bird:‍:black_large_square:
How much sobriety you got?
Love that name.

My emotions were, sometimes still are, all over the place. I cried an ocean early on in sobriety. My favorite time to cry was in a hot scalding shower. A 15-20 minute good cry. I cannot believe the number times I would do that just to get through the day. The relief I felt was amazing.

Just for today.
We. Together don’t pick up.
Hang in there kid.
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

im on my 64th day of sobriety and i know this might sound silly but feeling bad for breaking it is one of the things that’s keeping me from drinking too right now :sob:

i honestly feel emotionally numb right now so just reading people’s posts and leaving hearts here and there…

thank you for your kind words and support :yellow_heart::pray::seedling:

14 Likes

Hey I’m free to talk if you wanna :person_shrugging: I’m going through exactly what you’re going through right now.
My cravings are so high right now, and I have a very addictive personality. I’ve been thinking about alcohol literally since I woke up. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

@readingraven congrats on 64 days. That’s so good !

5 Likes

No need to feel bad whatever makes u not pick up that first drink works i did the same and still do sometimes i think dam 178 days is alot to throw away and that keeps me sober for another :grinning: u can do this just get to sleep tonight sober 2moro is another day :+1::muscle:

7 Likes

It’s a wonderful reason today, right now, to stay sober. There’s hours and hours of great threads to read on here. Sometimes I use to think I was addicted to TS. But it kept me from picking up. I loved and still do the meme and nature threads.

There a wonderful gratitude thread here. Just reading it and everyone else’s gratitude would help me a lot too. Next thing ya know you writing down what you’re grateful too.

You’re doing great. Reaching out and all.
We got your back.
:pray::heart::bird:‍:black_large_square:

5 Likes

How are you doing Raven? I hope you are well, and we’re able to get thru that difficult time. I’m hear for you if you ever need someone to talk to.

3 Likes

thank you, angel. that’s very nice of you :yellow_heart:

i’m honestly a bit anxious right now but the good thing is a didn’t pick up a drink yesterday and today is another battle to face. i am trying to surround myself with uplifting and supportive people, though, like you and others here and outside the community so i can occupy my mind with meaningful conversations instead of an idle mind open to temptation.

i appreciate you for checking in :pray: please take care of yourself and i hope you have a lovely day/evening wherever you are.

8 Likes

I hear you, i know how hard these early days are
…its great that you are reaching out here when you need to im proud of you for that…each time you resist and hit that pillow each night sober you are strengthening your resolve…i remember literally gritting my teeth to get through it but it honestly does get better…you are doing great :heart: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

You did well yesterday. I’m proud of you. And that is a sentence that I don’t say often and normally has to be dragged out of me. But I am. I have a vague understanding, from what you’ve mentioned, that there are some difficulties in your life right now, and you fought the good fight, and won the battle.

You can do this.

7 Likes

So pleased and proud to read you pushed through with all your strength :hugs:
It really isn’t worth it.
My mind told me drinking would solve many things, even make my life a little exciting. How wrong I was!
It just took away all the self esteem I’d managed build and resilient to my anxiety and made them all worse.
It didn’t bring any excitement or any of the ‘fun’ delusional thinking that I was telling myself as I relapsed recently 3 weeks ago.
It did show me that my life was actually already okay and exciting. And I made such a huge mistake believing a drink was the answer.

And I am so proud you made the right choice.

Your doing amazing :sparkles:

5 Likes

just now reading this love — how are you doing my friend.

glad you are here and super glad that you took the time to reach out when you felt down. I do hope that it helped.

the beginning days are so trying. Do not give in to those urges as it does get easier. Here for you :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Hi there! I get how you are feeling. I have to always tell myself I am stronger than a bottle I always have to work out the out come in my mind after that first drink

2 Likes

Well the 1st days are the hardest days…but reaching out for support helps to get through them. Like any other new healthy habit it takes a while to feel comfortable not drinking. Seems awkward to ask for and accept help from others. But not drinking will lead to wanting to be sober and living a good life, and that progression makes it all worthwhile.

Look around at others who have relapsed after some clean time and see if their lives are better because they picked up.- of course not !! There isn’t a human circumstance that would get better if we drank or used to deal with it !!

3 Likes

Your more than welcome… Stay strong, you got this!! Each and every second is crucial. I promise, it will get easier as the minutes pass and turn into hours, and those hours start to turn into days, while those days will turn into months. Keep busy, and keep turning here to us when you are needing help or feeling like you need someone to talk to. It’s all about retraining your mind, and it takes time… But i promise you if i can do it, you can do it!!!

We’re all here for you , and rooting for your success!!!

Keep us posted on you journey… :pray:

1 Like