Something I'm trying out

So, I don’t know if I’m doing this right. But I’m trying to just do a daily check in thing with this posting stuff. Seeing if being accountable to a group of online strangers will do me more good than being accountable to myself. Cause that bit hasn’t been going so well and I wanna nip this problem of mine in the bud.

To be completely honest I’m not even sure I have an addiction. I’ve read various posts about how some folks can’t go without a day or even a few hours without indulging and it’s nothing like that right now at least. Though it has been in the daily category when I was younger but now it’s settled down as I’ve gotten older.

This is just a weakness of mine that I want to conquer and overcome as I can’t see it going anywhere good and I can’t seem to go past 2-3 days or so without messing up.

Hopefully this will work

6 Likes

If you define it as “messing up”, that sounds like an addiction. Powerlessness is something everyone here relates to, regardless of drug of choice or addictive behavior type. Welcome - and don’t worry, you are doing it just right!

2 Likes

Welcome. Try going 30 days and see if you like it. checkin here. Some people post to the same thread to track their own progress or theres the daily checkin thread here where alot of ppl hang out.

If you

Your words make me lean towards an addiction. But the glory of it all is you dont have to label it. You can call yourself sober-curious if that gets you started. The label doesnt matter. We are all here on journies to improve and you are more than welcome to join in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, take a look around and read some threads. I like what @Cjp said about sober curious. I second the give it a try for 30 days and see :woman_shrugging:
We are here to support you