2023 Roll Call -- Introduce yourself!

Hi all :wave:
I’m Sabrina, 42 yo from Germany and my addiction is alcohol.
With the help of this community I became sober for the first time in 2018 but stumbled a lot in the last year.
I felt kinda cured and slipped back into my addiction. But I got back up.
Some on here are very gentle and kind, others are tough and seem to be hard.
Both are right, both are needed and both care for one another.
The beautiful thing here is that every story shared helps someone. There is so much knowledge combined, it’s awesome.
This community is my safe space and yes, kinda like a home and I’m grateful to be here :heart:
Much love!

26 Likes

I am so glad you did!

3 Likes

Me too friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi, i just managed to stay sober for 4 years after several years of daily drinking. I managed to hop on a “Dry January Challenge” together with a co-worker. After a very hard January i decided to keep on going as i was so sick of being hangover. I was looking for a day counter for january and stumbled into TS. Here i learned sooo much and realized for the first time what was going on as i was still living in denial believing that i could just stop drinking if i want to. I am grateful that this place has saved my life. If i would have continued what i was doing 4 years ago (assuming that it only gets worse) i dont know if i would still be able to life my life as is. What have i learned? You need to do the work, no matter what, no matter what others say and think. It is your life, your choice, but you have to do the most difficult thing: say “no” to yourself, say no to the first drink ( sorry for repeating this from other members :slight_smile: ). I know how important it was to me, to read the stories of others in the first 100 days, so therefore i hope that this may help others as well. Stay strong, you can do it

22 Likes

Hi My Name is Michele. I’m very new to this. I can relate to a lot the the reads here so far. My DOC is alcohol. I’m Looking forward to learning as much as I can while I’m here. Here’s to hoping I can get past 1 week.

21 Likes

Welcome, @Cherishpeace!

And to those just joining us, here’s another great thread. A place to check in daily. Good for a bit of accountability, mindfulness, and way to get to know some other members!

It’s, um… Been a thread a long time running. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hi! New here—live in Kansas. My last drink was just before midnight on NYE. Fourth attempt to quit alcohol. I need support from others to make this happen…everyone I know drinks, so it’s like being on a deserted island. Nice to read through the thread & see so many in my shoes.

26 Likes

Welcome! Coming here is a great first step!

3 Likes

Congrats on your 2nd year of sobriety. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Roll Call!!!

I’m Stella, just your run of the mill drug addict trying to learn how to live without dope and booze. This forum, NA, yoga and meditation are my life lines. I am also a moderator here, please reach out anytime.
:heart:

21 Likes

Hi everyone - Anna here.

Stumbled upon this app in October 2019 when I realized that I had developed a very serious alcohol dependency. It was a counter tool to help me “get it under control”.

Many attempts to “control” my alcohol consumption followed with varying degrees of success…always short lived…until I joined the TS forum full on because I realized that I could not do it alone.

My last drink was on April 1, 2022. I mentioned before that at the time I didn’t even realize how fitting it was: the last day alcohol fooled me.

This community has been instrumental to my sobriety. Very, very grateful I found it and for the connections I made/make here.

26 Likes

Hello my names Robert. 2days sober and feeling good

24 Likes

Hey gal! I’m in Kansas City. Welcome to TS!

3 Likes

Thank you for the hello!

1 Like

Hi I’m Michael first time posting on this app, have been having a read around for awhile now building up the courage to try something different or rather a newer approach to this as figuring out that doing this alone is definitely not the solution, been going through the motions struggling with life on lifes terms and the way things need to be traditionally

25 Likes

Sounds like you’re in the right place. Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, its not the first attempt at getting sober, fist time around had six months then the second about nine and a half have only started this journey of healing a few years ago and man has it been a bit messy

9 Likes

Howdy, I’m Joseph, 33 years old. Currently in South East Texas. Single father of 2 amazing girls. Almost to my first 60 days without any drugs in over a decade and absolutely loving every minute of it.

26 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m 36 and live in Australia. Today is day 1 for me. Super glad I stumbled across this forum :blush:

30 Likes

Welcome! I am glad you are here

1 Like