Day 8 sober…after 25 years of drug use

Hey y’all!
I am new to all of this. Never would I have thought I’d be 8 days clean from opioids. It’s so much harder than what people think but I needed somewhere to vent. I don’t even know where to start but expressing it, I already feel a ton better. Thanks for this opportunity!

23 Likes

It’s extremely tough. There is nothing in my day I’ve done without using pills and now I’m trying to do it all without them. I just hope it gets easier

7 Likes

Welcome to the community and great job on your eight days. That is really good. I have used all kinds of things, but opioids were my preferred DOC so I can sympathize with some of where you’re at. It is not easy to get off, but it is worth it.

I hope you will come back to this forum often and engage with others here. This really is such a great community and one of the most helpful things a person can do in getting clean/sober is finding a place they can reach out to others who understand the process.

There is a daily check in thread you may find useful, especially in these early days. You can do this. You’re doing great!

4 Likes

A quarter of a century.
Sounds even longer than 25 years, but that’s exactly what it is… a quarter of a century!

All things gifted and going well you could have at least another HALF A CENTURY of beautiful, healthy, sober life to crack on with.
Half a century!..
Sounds like a real long time, doesn’t it?
Definitely worth being around for, and soooo much living can be stuffed into that time.

9 Likes

Welcome Katie! Congrats on your 8 days!
That’s a fantastic start to your better life.
I’m an ex opioid user too and can relate to learning how to do everything in life without a pill. It’s a challenge but I can promise it’s well worth it.
Wishing you the best on your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome Katie! Congrats on day 8! :tada:. @Lisa07 is a great example that we do recover :heart:. That was my DOC as well so I can relate to the early struggle as I am only on day 104 myself. You got this! It’s all up from here!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome Katie and great job on your 8 days. I’m proud of you. Being active on here and reading everyone else’s stories and gratitude has kept me sober a long time.
ODAAT.
Join in when you’re comfortable.
Hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Welcome Katie! Glad to have u here! I too used drugs for over 20+ years and this community has helped me get to over 2 years clean! I hope u stick around, read and post often. This is such a great place!

2 Likes

Thank you all for making me feel like I found a second home. You are all so brave and tough! If it’s your day 1 or 1000, keep going. You are making me look forward to my next step! :black_heart:

7 Likes