I'm on Day 1 and terrified of relapse

The most important things already have been said and I agree to all of them.
Try to focus on the current day, not on tomorrow.
I come here almost daily, that helps a lot. If you have to Check in every hour, do it. As long as it helps you. Talk about everything that bothers you, there is nothing wrong in doing this.
You’ve done it before and you can do it again :muscle:

4 Likes

Care to journey with me?

Thank u all. Really overwhelmed with relief and gratitude that so many of u have responded with such encouragement. I didn’t think anyone would!

7 Likes

We’re in this together Eva, and that realization, and that fact happening right here has made the difference for me between failure in the past and success now. Very glad to have you aboard as the more the stronger we are. Welcome to Talking Sober, wishing you all success!

3 Likes

Nah I’m a day ahead of you, I’ll always be looking down at you like … Meh only 6 days … I’m on 7 days. Peasant. :rofl: just kidding.

What are you planning on doing to stay sober?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Eva!!
Lean on the supports you used when you got sober for those 12 months. Maybe make notes on all the positives sobriety brought you and use them as reminders when you feel tempted to pick up.
You’ve done it before, you CAN do it again!
Checking in daily on the below thread really helped me with accountability, you may find it useful aswell :slightly_smiling_face:

@RobZombie :notes: guess who’s back… Mick is back… :notes: good to see you here!

2 Likes

Hello yeh I’m gonna give it a crack.

1 Like

Such a good song…

1 Like

Love it Rob, lol. I’m ok with the status of peasant, as long as u drag me upwards with ya! No plan. I realised that if I eat dinner early, I don’t crave drink at all. So will start with that.

2 Likes

I like this one Jake, thank you! :+1:

1 Like

How are you doing today Eva?
Welcome here!
A relapse is hard, but the good news is it has learned you some stuff.
I had a relapse after 5 years of sober time.
I thought I was cured and could drink in moderation again. That went well for a few weeks and then the amound of drinks went more. The winewitch was back in my head and never stops talking :flushed:
So I came here for help and quit again. Sober for 4,5 year now with the help of this app and the people in it.

This is the first and most important thing we both learned:
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:
we can’t have just one, we are never “cured”

Another good news is:
You know what works for you!!
You did it before for 1 whole year so you can do that again. You know what you have to do ore do not, just do it. Give it your all :facepunch:

So welcome back to your sober life!
Keep us posted :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

hi keep us updated on your journey

1 Like

Thanks! Just one of many ways to look at your sober days :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, one step at a time, always remember that!

1 Like

Get sober to have a better life again. You can make further improvements that you didn’t get to make when you were sober for that year.

2 Likes

Glad you came back. You certainly have support here. Earlier today I made a primitive drawing of my Sober Wheel with 5 spokes on it. I suck at drawing so I’m glad my son just agreed to make me a better version. He is a fine artist,actually earns a living at it. Anyway I share this with you @Eva19 .You can do this if I can. ODAAT.

I know I know. The spikes are Language of the Heart, my AA home group, Refuge Recovery which is Buddhist based recovery, do it virtually 3x/week and live one night/week,Sober Time,Al-Anon and a meeting that came to be organically,Saturday morning meet with 5 other AA guys for coffee and accountability. I dubbed it New Tradition. That combo works for me . 361 days clean. Wish you the best.

4 Likes

Doing good. Haven’t had a drop since the day I posted this.

1 Like

Thank you! In church now. And will pray for all of you incredible beings who were sent to support me.

3 Likes

Thank you. You’re absolutely right! I’m still going strong.

1 Like

You’ve got this. Day two here and I almost ordered a drink when out to dinner, then played the tape forward and ordered a soda. So glad I did. Keep coming back here, we’ll get each other through!

4 Likes