Relapsing really bad (Trigger warning SH)

I was like actually doing good today, I did all my exercises and watched my fav series and stuff like that but I just like collapsed and hurt my self so often today - I mean I am now clean for about two hours but I think my mom saw it and that makes me scared

4 Likes

Please do something to ground.
Something to distract you.
Really, anything… When you get the urge to self harm, redirect your thinking.

1 Like

Check in here, or read others entries. It might help. Sending hugs :people_hugging:

For me doing a fun activity with my kids usually distracts me.

What is your favorite thing to do? What makes you happy?

That’s the thing with my depression everything I do doesn’t make fun anymore so I don’t have hobbies or such

1 Like

I understand.
I have dealt with SH for 20 years. I have tried many things too, and sometimes feel like nothing will help.
But distraction works best for me these days

1 Like

At the very least, coming here and talking through how you’re feeling or what you’re thinking can buy you time to redirect

2 Likes

Focus on your self and think how good it feel when you are sober this helps me every day and I’m so happy the I’m sober now is a life long battle but we need to stay positive and strong… When Life Hurts, Care Less About It | The Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius - YouTube watch this video it helped me a lot on my thinking I have less stress now … good luck and remember you got this

1 Like

What is going on in your life that makes you want to SH in the first place? SH is definitely a symptom, and you need to work on the cause.

1 Like

My family stresses me so much and I had many losts in my life and such stuff and often I think I am just a burden or not good enough

2 Likes

With family you need to think about setting boundaries and protecting those boundaries so they don’t cause so much stress to you. The not good enough feeling is something that you need to work on changing thought patterns. We are all worthy people, and deserve to be happy. What things can you do so you feel connected and satisfied?

2 Likes