Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

That is the best we can do love – just keep pushing forward and doing what we can to keep stacking up the days. 40 AF days is amazing. I see you doing awesome with your timers and how you are dealing with all the lifey life stuff. You are not alone friend. Grateful to see you succeeding.
@rosacando so very sorry Rosa. Sorry that you are dealing with all this pain. Sending you healing energy and hope that you feel better soon :heart:
@mindofsobermike wow- this all sounds fantastic. So happy for you and this new chapter in your life!
@mbwoman wow friend – 35 months and going strong—this is an awesome milestone. Celebrating a sober vacation – how lovely :heart: :tada:
R

Checking in Monday evening…
411 days free of alcohol and weed
826 days free of cigarettes
Grateful that I will keep my original surgery plan and surgery date. Had a very good consult with my surgeon. Had a fairly productive day with my mom. Glad to be home and resting now… feeling exhausted and ready to sleep.
Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free evening / day – sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

25 Likes

Great news! Your healthy baby will be here before you know it!

6 Likes

This is day 1. I’m still a bit hungover and my 3 year old asked me why I’m always sick. :confused: Wakeup call.
I can’t go to AA meetings because I don’t want her dad (my ex) to know how much I struggle. He’s threatened to take her from me before and if I attended meetings, he would know I’m an alcoholic. So I guess I’ll try this app. Seems like the next best option. :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Welcome to the community friend. Great work on your day 1! This is a very supportive and non-judgmental community. Do hope that you stay around.
Would you be able to do online meetings for AA or recovery? You can do them with the audio and / or the video turned off. Sometimes just listening is enough to help support you.

15 Likes

I actually didn’t know they had online groups. I was in a psych hospital last year and I’m surprised it wasn’t mentioned. They were handing out pamphlets with local AA groups.

12 Likes

Oh that is strange that they would not mention.

I do know of an app called In The Rooms as one that offers on line meetings.

Not sure where you are from. Check google for online meetings. Some are available 24 hours a day.

Online meeting resources check out this thread for some other options as well.

8 Likes

Checking in Day 27 sober.

Still feeling a bit emotional and raw but know the feelings will pass.
Had a pretty good work day, tried to get outside, connect with friends and family, eat well and decided to paint my nails with a new gel set I got. Always feel a bit better after some self care. Watching a movie from 1990 ( when I was born) called The Long Walk Home. Trying to expand my knowledge on things I find I’m a bit ignorant towards. Still here, still sober, for better or worse. Hope everyone else here is finding their inner strength to stay on the path that suits them :pray:t3::bouquet::two_hearts:

30 Likes

There is also an app that is full of AA speaker tapes that are prerecorded that are nice to losten to. Its called something like AA speaker tapes. Wishing you luck on your journey mama! Best decision xo.

9 Likes

Thanks for the celebration @JazzyS!! Many positive things going on for you…racking up sobriety numbers! Glad surgery plans are on track. I’m glad you are here sharing with us!

8 Likes

Good morning, day 36, stay strong everyone and have an awesome day

25 Likes

Checking in before bed. I didn’t have the greatest day. Struggled with fatigue and pain, just couldn’t get it together. Maybe i did too much yesterday.
Got a few things done at work and made it through some appointments and meetings. Took a nap when i got home and spent the evening on the couch doing mostly nothing. Not the best day, but I’m going to bed sober. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

28 Likes

233 AF
Busy and long weekend. After many months I got to spend time with my grandkids. Very grateful and thoroughly enjoyed our time together. I’ve missed them so much.

36 Likes

Oh I was just thinking of you. Lovely check in Dana​:hugs:. So grateful that you got to spend time with the grandkids :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome KJ
Congratulations on day 1.
I didn’t want to go to meetings when I first started my sober journey.
This app saved my life. Being active on here keeps me sober, along with a lot of other tools I’ve learned.

Many of us start or end our day on the gratitude thread. It’s been my strongest tool.

I bet you got a lot to be grateful for with that 3 year old. Especially when you’re sober.
See you there tomorrow. Bring your own coffee :coffee:
:pray:t2::heart:
See you in the morning.

11 Likes

Great job MB
Keep that shit up!

7 Likes

Sorry you were struggling with pain and fatigue
Shel. Dealing with pain can be so mentally and physically draining. It’s exhausting! And through all that you stayed sober. BIG WIN!!
I’m glad you got to have some couch time for yourself doing nothing.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

6 Likes

1 5 . 0

20240115_122903

17 Likes

New workweek. My experience expertise workday, which will be cut short because I have an evaluation to do with a trainee nurse, and made longer because of an after work hours staff meeting. Long day ahead. But I’m rested. My head is clear. I’m sober and clean. It’ll be all right. Have as good a day as you can all. Clean and sober. Love.

Pic is a 2018 memory of a night spent in Chloride, AZ.

31 Likes

Was tired in the morning but found energy as the day went on. Been in a really good mood for such an ordinary day. No complaints here. Just going with the flow :blue_heart:

25 Likes

Welcome. This is the first time I’ve used any type of community help to quit. Haven’t tried aa. Im finding it easier to stay sober using this app than all my previous attempts. But I also was just done with that shit and had to stop before I did too much more damage.
My kids are a big part of my why too. Get my health back so I’m here and my best version for them
I check in here every evening and have just started on the gratitude thread.
Read heaps.

19 Likes