Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

233 AF
Busy and long weekend. After many months I got to spend time with my grandkids. Very grateful and thoroughly enjoyed our time together. I’ve missed them so much.

36 Likes

Oh I was just thinking of you. Lovely check in Dana​:hugs:. So grateful that you got to spend time with the grandkids :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome KJ
Congratulations on day 1.
I didn’t want to go to meetings when I first started my sober journey.
This app saved my life. Being active on here keeps me sober, along with a lot of other tools I’ve learned.

Many of us start or end our day on the gratitude thread. It’s been my strongest tool.

I bet you got a lot to be grateful for with that 3 year old. Especially when you’re sober.
See you there tomorrow. Bring your own coffee :coffee:
:pray:t2::heart:
See you in the morning.

11 Likes

Great job MB
Keep that shit up!

7 Likes

Sorry you were struggling with pain and fatigue
Shel. Dealing with pain can be so mentally and physically draining. It’s exhausting! And through all that you stayed sober. BIG WIN!!
I’m glad you got to have some couch time for yourself doing nothing.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

6 Likes

1 5 . 0

20240115_122903

17 Likes

New workweek. My experience expertise workday, which will be cut short because I have an evaluation to do with a trainee nurse, and made longer because of an after work hours staff meeting. Long day ahead. But I’m rested. My head is clear. I’m sober and clean. It’ll be all right. Have as good a day as you can all. Clean and sober. Love.

Pic is a 2018 memory of a night spent in Chloride, AZ.

31 Likes

Was tired in the morning but found energy as the day went on. Been in a really good mood for such an ordinary day. No complaints here. Just going with the flow :blue_heart:

25 Likes

Welcome. This is the first time I’ve used any type of community help to quit. Haven’t tried aa. Im finding it easier to stay sober using this app than all my previous attempts. But I also was just done with that shit and had to stop before I did too much more damage.
My kids are a big part of my why too. Get my health back so I’m here and my best version for them
I check in here every evening and have just started on the gratitude thread.
Read heaps.

19 Likes

66 days in the bank

Public holiday here in NZ. Spent the day at the beach with the kids. Was a big surf beach so very active day.

31 Likes

Day 35:

Typical day. Boot camp, work, Peloton ride and stretching. Didn’t sleep great last night and i was grumpy all day. The ride and stretching helped my mood a bit, but i need sleep.

Still sober, sweet dreams.

31 Likes

@Billy85 Congratulations! :purple_heart: :muscle: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

76 no sugar, no binge
32 UPFs

Finally a good night’s sleep again. It had to come sometime :wink:
Now I’m ready to take on the day. I have a class with the older kids today, we are going to tackle Pong. A classic.
My kid has a carnival party at school today and is very excited. The whole afternoon will be about the costume!
There is a nice candle light feast in the evening we want to go to and I’m crossing my fingers for dry weather.

Whatever comes, let’s keep an even keel.

Wishing you all a day of peace, light and freedom today :peace_symbol::candle::dove:

23 Likes

Day 227. Car had its mot and service yesterday. So that was 640. That included two new tyres so seemed OK. I won’t change it this year. Could do with generating some savings pot. Oh yep. That’s how sexy I am feeling

24 Likes

day 32! starting to feel like they’re racking up quickly which is nice. having a lot of stressors, but no real thoughts of using to compensate today. excited to see what tomorrow will bring

24 Likes

Happy for you Mike!! :confetti_ball: Did you have found a spot at work for your new bike as well? :bike:

Welcome here @kj1477 , this tread has helped me a lot in my recovery. One of the reasons I got myself moving to get sober was an observation from my daughter as well. She said to me: “mom I liked you more when you where sober”
2 weeks ore so later I quit my bad habit. I’ve been here every day of the first year of my recovery, it kept me focussed. My daughter (and sons) are proud of me. If you play your cards right your daughter will even never know that you where drinking! She will only remember her energetic happy sober mom! :facepunch:

*Day 1966 :walking_woman:
Get my eyes checked today and hope that new glasses will help with the headaches. At 3 o’clock I have that final tattoo session for the messed up tattoo. So I can close that book after 2 years today. It gave me much stress and pain as well because of the laser sessions. Almost 2 years married and that tattoo was a reminder of that lovely day. I have made a lot of cynical jokes about what that ugly tattoo is saying about our mariage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have a good day all sober people, it’s 24 houres and we sure can do 24 houres! :facepunch:
:raising_hand_woman:

26 Likes

C’mon world… bring it on! :sunglasses:
:squid:

32 Likes

357 days no alcohol
1098 days no cigarettes

22 Likes

Welcome to the community! :heart: I’m sure being here will help you tremendously.
Wishing you lots of success!

5 Likes

Checking in, still sober and feeling better after a depressed couple of weeks. Working at home enjoying the pooch’s company.

26 Likes