Early Recovery For Opiates

Hi Everyone,
I am just starting my detox from pressed pills aka fentanyl. i am begining the first few days of detox at home and using only over the counter medications until my appt with my suboxone doctor. i have an appt for suboxone initiation appointment that will be on my 3rd day of detox but will only be taking 0.5mg -1.0mg of subxone to start the QSt day to avoid precipitated WD and gradually increasing the dosage each day by .5mg-1.0mg. I keep getting to day 5-7 and the WDs are so strong that i don’t feel the suboxone working since the amount of suboxone i can take without going into percipitated WD starts small and gradually increases, so until i’m at around 6mg, suboxone doesn’t feel it’s working. i can not take more suboxone due to the chance of precipitated withdrawal. what are some tips, advice, pointers or just motivational words that helped anyone else get through their first 2 weeks sober or stabilization of their MAT. Any advice, tips, stories etc are more than greatly appreciated.

I am also open to a virtual sponsor or someone to check in with during early recovery to hold myself accountable. i don’t have much sober support around me.

thank you!

4 Likes

Another Bills Fan is always welcome :hugs:
This is a great clean and sober community to get and give support.
I don’t have any experience with opiates or fentanyl but there are people on here who do.

And welcome Seb

@sebastian9 i saw your post earlier. Didn’t know what to say as I don’t have experience with that drug.
Alcohol was my drug of choice.
Anyway. Thought I’d hook you 2 up.
There’s a :mag: u on the top right. Plug in whatever you’re looking for you might find something.

And there’s a great check in thread people of all addictions use on the daily to check in and be accountable for.

Hope to see you guys around.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes