Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Continuing the thread from previous
[Foodies Unite #2]
Show us your food! :yum:

4 Likes

This is from October but I wanted to give this thread a kickstart! :smile: Homemade Reindeer jerky (not by me).

20 Likes

Santa will not be happy :joy:

1 Like

Farro and Butternut Squash stew, with mushrooms and arugula (and homemade veggie stock). Wow. :star_struck: It is delicious!

30 Likes

super hungry this morning and broke my fast early because I can’t leave the house hungry :joy: Made my standard eggs and a banana blueberries spinach chia seeds smoothie :heart:… Day 4 no sweets or bread or dairy… I just found out that my beloved peppermint bark is still in stock and on sale for $19 reduced from $46… I’m fighting my every urge to go by some ughhhh the struggle is real :joy:

13 Likes

Beautiful! Looks so tasty and comforting :yum: I’ve never cooked farro at home. I’ll have to add that to my “to try” list :blush:

2 Likes

Meat, potatoes and salad served with Vegan bearnaise gravy. Nope I’m not trying to upset the Vegan option is the only option here without dairy or gluten. But on the other hand, this is the third time I’m actually getting sick of this food so I seriously consider skipping the meat next time.

8 Likes

Funny you should say that, farro is my favorite grain, but this is my first time cooking butternut squash and lately I’ve been wanting to learn to cook with it more. Farro has such a lovely chewy texture and hearty flavor. I like it a lot in grain salads, too. 11/10 recommend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’ve had it before a few times and enjoyed it. Just never made it myself… same with fresh Brussels sprouts; had them but never cooked from fresh! :flushed: always had the frozen ones growing up.
Now I’ll add some farro to my next order. Good source of fibre too. Looks super (souper?) tasty :yum:

1 Like

Sushi night here…looking forward to strapping on the feed bag. Lol

4 Likes

Ha! Good one! It’s easy to work with, hard to overcook, just have to cook long enough to get it tender enough. I usually just boil it in a big pot of salted water and drain it. And now I’m hungry for Brussels!

1 Like

Mmm I think I’ll cook up some farro and throw it in a beet salad with arugula, goats cheese crumbles and toasted almonds for work. Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Sounds most excellent! Now I need to put goat cheese on my list, too…:yum:

1 Like

@MrsOdh
Actually decided to try picking something up at the club. It was pretty good.
Roasted double lamb chops with a chimichurri sauce. And I think you’d like this Sophia, garlic mashed chick peas. They weren’t bad. I was pretty surprised !

And a deconstructed blue cheese wedge salad.
Ala Daisy.
:smirk_cat:

8 Likes

Those chops look phenomenal! It all looks and sounds good, actually. Deconstructed might be better than the original wedge…:thinking:

1 Like

I think so. They actually call it a blue cheese wedge. And the first time I ordered it I was like “what the fuck is this?” It’s how they serve it. So now I’m not surprised. But it’s stupid they call it that. Their blue cheese is great so I don’t care.

1 Like

Uh, yeah, that’s pretty stupid. I’d be pissed off until I realized I liked it better that way, probably.

1 Like

I don’t know what the chefs are thinking these days.
I ordered a chopped salad at this nice restaurant. I love a good chopped salad. Like at the nice steak house. It wasn’t chopped at all. That one really pissed me off. I’m old and lazy when I eat now. :crazy_face:

By the way the lamb chops were amazing.

1 Like

Now that’s just a lazy kitchen. That would really bug me. Glad your chops were great! Next week I’ll have to pull the chops I have out of the freezer. Nothing fancy like yours, but local meat.

1 Like

Homemade Butternut Squash Sage Ravioli in a cream mushroom spinach sauce with sausage rosemary n thyme. First time making my own Ravioli, happy with the outcome :100::star_struck:

26 Likes