Welcome to Talking Sober! 2023 update!

I suggest everyone bookmark this thread! It has so much helpful info!!

7 Likes

Mental health and addiction often go hand in hand. This thread is so wholesome and lovely.

7 Likes

This post has been a go to for me. For our new members, figure out how to bookmark posts and start building your own sober toolbox. Reference it often. It helps!

7 Likes

Calling all forum friends! We have been tasked with bumping this thread with some favorite posts or anything that could help a new or returning member (+me!) And try to keep it bumped regularly. Help us out if you can. @anon27760155 you’re amazing.

4 Likes

Not for the faint of heart, but it works for me.

Continuing the discussion from Truth and tough love:

4 Likes

And the updated version

6 Likes

Lots of stories here from people with more than a year sober:

4 Likes

One of the best things you can do for accountability here is keep checking in! The daily check in thread is for exactly that. Update on your numbers, your struggles and success, and celebrate with others or cheer them on when they need a lift.

Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

Note that the maximum limit for replies on a topic is 2,500 so there will be new daily check in threads through the year!

4 Likes

This is one of the topics in the frequently asked questions about sobriety thread linked to in the OP, but it’s good and worth posting again!

4 Likes

So you want to work on your physical recovery?

People ask a lot about weight loss. In recovery, especially around substance use, it’s a complicated thing. It depends on our habits before and after getting sober. But for sure a more attainable goal once we get our heads screwed on straight! And a worthy way to pass sober time.

Here are a few currently active, fitness-related threads if you’re interested in sharing your health journey or looking for tips/accountability!

6 Likes

Some more wholesomeness!

5 Likes

Sober weekends… Hang out here!

6 Likes

What to do with all that time and money that sobriety has given you?

Lots of ideas here if you need inspiration, or share what keeps you busy :blush:

2 Likes

A helpful tip…if you want a thread you started deleted and cannot delete it yourself via the trashcan at the bottom of the opening post…instead of flagging yourself, send a private message to @moderators asking us to delete it.

3 Likes

For anyone with any length of sobriety, but especially for those in their first few weeks… Working out how to live with a partner who drinks can be tough!

4 Likes

Feeling amazing in early sobriety? Amazing! But good to be aware of the ‘pink cloud’…

1 Like

This just popped up on my feed and it’s a great resource so dropping it in here:

How it works physical - Roadmap to recovery

2 Likes

Another helpful video :blush:

6 Likes

TW: Photo of alcohol in the video cover page

I came across a pretty good video on YouTube just now that I thought might provide some insight and motivation for those who come here in the next few weeks to start out their journey into sobriety :slightly_smiling_face: :point_down:

4 Likes